20.9.07

I am the Most Random Person You Will Never Meet

Today, I was channeling Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I put on a flowey dress with flats and pulled my hair back into a bun. I walked out the door with the latest Elle, fully planning on visiting a few secluded art galleries and drink a venti latte.

Then I got my face pierced. There is basically a disco ball on my lip right now and it's so tragic...but I hate it! When I can change it to a smaller stud, I will be happy, but right now the left side of my face is disappointed by the new arrival. So much so that my mouth frowns. A lot.

But that could also be because I woke up in a bad mood- pesky nightmares about relationships and lost love...And then the rest of my day was spent lazily lying around. Then again, it was more like one of those days that I just wanted to be on my own. No family, friends (sorry), or strangers- no matter how interesting or good looking. Just a Me Day.

My therapist always asks why the piercing? You see, I have another in my lip from about six months ago.

I couldn't answer her question then and I can't now.

The thought process, if you can even call it that, went a little like this: "Ooh, maybe I should check out that tattoo place for some cool ideas for my own body inking...well, I'm not getting a tattoo today because I need to book a consultation and bring in the picture...hey- maybe I'll get something pierced!"

Unfortunately, there really was no logic in between the idea of getting inspiration for a body design and allowing them to slide a stick into my lip. I truly thought, "what the hell?! Why not?" If there's anything about myself I'm constantly amazed at is this spontaneity and lack of the fear gene. With those, however, also comes carelessness. But, hey, I'm only 20, right?

No comments: